Sports & recreation
Exercise can help you beat stress, improve your focus and have fun. No matter how you like to keep active, you’ll find something to suit you at Murdoch.
Have fun with Murdoch Sports
Murdoch Sports manages all of our sport and recreation. Facilities include:
- A full-sized multi use sports hall for basketball, soccer, netball or hockey
- Two ¾ sized indoor basketball courts
- Six badminton courts
- Three volleyball courts
- Outdoor multi-courts for tennis, netball or soccer
- Outdoor multi-use grassed oval
- Group fitness room for a range of cardio, yoga and pilates classes
- Spin indoor cycling studio
- The Zone Fitness Centre, which is fully-equipped with cardio equipment and weights
Murdoch Sports also facilitates all sports clubs, staff social sports including the annual Staff Games, on-campus and interfaculty sports competitions, and state, national and international teams which represent Murdoch in a range of sports.
Become a member at The Zone Fitness Centre
The Zone Fitness Centre is fully-equipped with cardio equipment and weights. Buy a casual pass or choose from a range of membership options including 6 or 12 months and a monthly direct debit. Your membership will include full access to The Zone Fitness Centre, group fitness classes, appraisals and a personalised training program.
Join a Sports Club
Meet up with friends, fellow students or work colleagues to get fit and have some fun. Our sports clubs include:
- Murdoch Ultimate Frisbee
- Mavericks Baseball Club
- Murdoch University Melville Cricket Club
- Murdoch Football (AFL)
- Murdoch Badminton Club
- Murdoch University Divers Club
- Murdoch Netball Club
- Murdoch Tennis Club - email Theo
- Murdoch Touch Rugby
- Murdoch Rugby Union
- Murdoch Rowing
- Murdoch Kendo Club
- Murdoch Cheerleading Club
Join a social sports team
We have a range of social sports opportunities available including:
- Mixed Netball
- Indoor Futsal Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
Compete in the University Games
You could represent Murdoch against other WA universities in more than 20 different sports are played each Friday during semester.
In 2017, the Australian National University Games is split into two tournaments - one taking place in Bunbury in July and the other on the Gold Coast in September.
University Games sport teams
- Rugby 7s
- Beach volleyball
- Table Tennis
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Touch Rugby
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Lawn Bowls
- Water Polo
To find out more or join a team please contact our Sports Officer on 9360 2318.